What you need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carton no salt added chicken broth (900 mL)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt (to taste)
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese (optional)
What to do:
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and cook onion for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add broccoli and garlic, stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth, cover and cook 15-20 minutes until broccoli is easy to mash with a fork.
- Blend broccoli mixture with an immersion or regular blender.
- Add curry powder and salt to taste.
- Whisk in mascarpone cheese, if you’re in a decadent mood.