Imagine a child’s delight when you tell them they can have something chocolaty at every meal and snack on Valentine’s Day.
Here’s how to pull it off easily, without going over the top.
- Start the day off with a chocolate-banana smoothie.
- Add homemade trail mix to the lunch box: whole grain cereals, banana chips, sunflower seeds, raisins and nut-free chocolate chips.
- After school, warm up and wind down with hot chocolate.
- End dinner with pieces of fruit dipped into chocolate fondue.
- Cocoa and cinnamon stirred into a small bowl of hot oatmeal makes for a great bedtime snack.
What’s mom’s treat? How about a Godiva Chocolate Martini after the kids have gone to bed. Gotta love that!
Do you have a simple idea you’d like to share?
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?