Warm up to beans! They are tasty, easy on the budget and ultra nutritious.
Time starved? Canned beans are ready to use. Did you know rinsing washes away 40% of the sodium and a lot of those natural sugars that might make you gassy?
Try these easy ways to work beans into everyday foods you enjoy.
1. Use black beans as a pizza or taco topping.
2. Make refried beans. Fry up some diced onion and garlic in a pan. Mash up pinto beans; add water to thin. Stir beans into pan with onion and garlic along with a dash of chili powder. Serve hot.
3. Serve beans in a kid-friendly way. Add black beans to store bought or homemade salsa.
4. Make a complete protein. Mix kidney beans into cooked rice.
5. Bump up the fibre in canned soups. Stir in some beans. Try mixed bean medley.