This 5-hour food photography seminar was hosted at Henry’s Camera downtown Toronto.
I took pages of notes but here’s a round-up of some tips:
- White props make food pop. (White food on white props can work if the food has texture.)
- Use cold food for best results. Layer on elements.
- Keep the lighting cheap and cheerful using natural daylight (but avoid direct sunlight).
- Freshen up food with oil (esp. meat) and water (fruit/veg).
- Follow the rules of design: texture, volume and line shape.
This seminar is worth every penny. Check out Henry’s to find out when the next one will be offered. For more photo tips, check out Food Bloggers of Canada.
p.s. Picture courtesy of Michelle’s iPhone 🙂