I picked up some great food storage tips lately and wanted to share! Check it out:
1) Keep celery fresher longer by wrapping in foil then storing in crisper.
2) Don’t store onions and potatoes together – they make each other spoil quicker.
3) Keep lettuce fresh longer. Wash, pat dry and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
4) Use up those potatoes from larger bags. Cook, mash and freeze for up to 12 months. Use to thicken soups.
5) Store your tomatoes on the counter. They lose their taste when refrigerated.
For seasonal ideas check out Foodland Ontario: www.foodlandontario.gov.on.ca